Re: [Xen-users] Re: centos over debian

John Morris wrote:
I do this sort of thing pretty regularly with the files in the images/xen directory on the CentOS cd. I use a config file like the following, and just do a "xm create -c norman" or "xm create -c norman mode=install".

   John

# Xen config file for norman, the mail guy
#
# use "xm create [-c] <hostname>" to start; add "mode=install" to reinstall!
#
# modify the next block at a minimum
name = "norman"
memory = "128"  # memory for normal operation
ip = "192.168.7.8"
disk = ['phy:domU/norman,xvda,w',
       'phy:domU/mail,xvdb1,w', ]

# change this if you want to add extra interfaces
vif = [ 'mac=00:16:ee:' + ":".join(ip.split('.')[1:4]) + ', bridge=intbr', ]

I'm very weak WRT python, but I note that ip is in decimal and the partial mac is in hex. That would yield mac='00:16:ee:168:7:8'. Probably not what you intended.

:m)