[Xen-users] Re; Help proving / disproving a theory ...

To: Xen-Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re; Help proving / disproving a theory ...
From: Gareth Bult <gareth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:05:22 +0000 (GMT)
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:02:30 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm looking for a little help for anyone who thinks they have Xen 3.2 live migration working properly on their Linux machines.

a. ssh to a DomU
b. issue;  tar cvfj /tmp/system.bz2 / --exclude="*.bz2" (or similar)
c. Once it's running, in the Dom0 issue "xm migrate domain anothernode -l"
d. See if the ssh session is still live and the tar is still running
e. On the new node issue; "xm migrate domain originalnode -l"
f. See if the ssh session is still live the the tar running
g. See if you can repeat c-f say 3 times, making sure at all times IO is flat out and restarting the tar if necessary

What I'm interested in knowing is;

a. What you are using as a shared device (iSCSI, drbd, gnbd, Aoe etc ..)
b. Whether you go through the sequence and if not, where it stopped
c. What machine you have / what version of the OS you have running in the DomU or Dom0.
d. What state the DomU is in when it ceases to work (I'm making an assumption here!)

Thanks in advance to anyone taking up the challenge ... :-)

Regards,
Gareth.