Re: [Xen-users] Is this simplest path to subnets?

To: John Morris <jman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Is this simplest path to subnets?
From: Sadique Puthen <sputhenp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 22:59:06 +0530
Cc: "Valter Douglas Lisbôa Jr." <douglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:30:17 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
John Morris wrote:
The way I do it these days is just to set up a bridge outside xen with an ip address. You don't need a network script in the xen config that way. Then you can just add your domU interfaces to the bridge, and route between the bridge device and the physical device.

I don't know which distribution you are using. Fedora, CentOS and RHEL would give you a solution for this out of the box through the libvirt which automatically creates an interface named virbr0 instead of dummy0. All that you have to do is enbale ip forwarding in Dom0 to route traffic from guests to external networks.

--Sadique

   John