Re: [Xen-users] Xen DomU Communication Problems

Thank you, that helped at least part of the problem.
I no longer get an error message when trying to create the domU, and it appears that the device is getting passed in. However, dmesg on the domU gives me

"PCI: Enabling device 0000:00:00.0 (0000 -> 0003)
scsi0 : Adaptec AIC7XXX EISA/VLB/PCI SCSI HBA DRIVER, Rev 7.0
        <Adaptec 29160 Ultra160 SCSI adapter>
        aic7892: Ultra160 Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 32/253 SCBs

Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000078 RIP:
 [<ffffffff880043a2>] :scsi_mod:scsi_calculate_bounce_limit+0x15/0x49
PGD 20750067 PUD 20751067 PMD 0
Oops: 0000 [1] SMP
CPU 0
Modules linked in: aic7xxx scsi_transport_spi scsi_mod
Pid: 510, comm: modprobe Not tainted 2.6.18-6-xen-amd64 #1
RIP: e030:[<ffffffff880043a2>] [<ffffffff880043a2>] :scsi_mod:scsi_calculate_bounce_limit+0x15/0x49"

.... followed by a call trace, etc. The device does not show up in /dev.

I will keep at it.

~Sarah

Todd Deshane wrote:

Hi,