[Xen-users] using LVM inside HVMs

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] using LVM inside HVMs
From: xenlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 11:58:49 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 08:59:12 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is it recommended to use logical volume management INSIDE a hardware virtual machine domU guest?

I was trying to think through the ramifications, and I did not think that the LVM in the master dom0 would be able to handle the partition resizing INSIDE the domU guest should such a necessity ever occur.

As a background, the physical machine is running hardware RAID. The dom0 is running LVM. The guest is using an LVM partition from dom0 as it's primary hard drive (hda).

What do you do and why?

Thank you.

LT