Re: [Xen-users] domu and cciss

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] domu and cciss
From: Goetz Bock <bock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:03:04 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 02:03:38 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Feb 11 '08 at 10:33, David Corral wrote:
> After some weeks of xen happiness, I finally found something that is
> beginning to piss me off. I'm trying to create a domu on a HP machine
> with the cciss raid driver.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> Since both dom0 and domu are using the same kernel, should I create a
> new kernel for my domu without any raid/cciss support or not? I'm
> confused about that.
> Should I create an specifical initrd for the domu and add it to the
> configuration file?

Well, your DomU don't have a cciss device. So you need a kernel/initrd
with support for the xen-storage backend driver and the scsi-disk.

--
/"\ Goetz Bock at blacknet dot de  --  secure mobile Linux everNETting
\ /       (c) 2008 Creative Commons, Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 de