[Xen-users] How to deal with pciback?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] How to deal with pciback?
From: Christian Scherer <foren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 22:29:58 +0100
Delivery-date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 13:30:47 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello everybody,

for just one week I try to install three servers on an OpenSuSE 10.3
dom0 equipped with 4 NICs. One server is an OX using the onboard NIC via
xenbr0. This server runs!! For my IPCop server I intended to use the
three remaining NICs (Intel Pro100/S, 3Com 3C590, Realtek RTL-8139).
These three NICs should be used natively by my IPCop. So I tried to use
the pciback driver. I wrote a script containing "modprobe pciback" and
the necessary unbind, new_slot, and bind commands. I also modified the
configuration file for my IPCop domU by inserting the line
pci=(´03:02.0´, ´03:03.0´, ´03:05.0´) and by removing the vif=...
statement. When I start my IPCop domU I can't see the three NICs. It's
also impossible to install the appropriate drivers manually.

So I have two questions:
1. How to execute the bind and unbind commands automatically in dom0
(bash script?, Who should call this bash script?)?
2. How to modify the domU configuration file?

Thank ou for your help.

Christian