[Xen-devel] VT-d support in HVM?

To: XEN Devel - listmembers <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, XEN User - listmembers <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] VT-d support in HVM?
From: Stephan Seitz <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 16:10:11 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 07:10:51 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I've recently setup a few machines with 3.2 64bit without any unresolvable
problem.
These machines all run pv domU's and a view "basic" hvm domUs.

As I've got one machine left for internal use and testing, I would like to take
look at pciback with VT-d support (bios screen shows a VT-d [enable|disable]).

My question is, do I need to add patches, or use specific changesets to have
VT-d
code available in xen / dom0 kernel? If so, could someone provide me link?
Indeed, I found a lot of information in xen-devel, but I don't know which of the
submitted patches are accepted and which are merged into mercurial.

Is redirection of e.g. a pci network card or a pci isdn card possible for hvm
domU's without special driver support by the guest (say: windows)?
Is there any support for pci/e and/or pci-x?

Lots of questions ;)

Could someone please shed some light?

Thanks in advance.

--
Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

*netz-haut* e.K.
multimediale kommunikation

zweierweg 22
97074 würzburg

fon: +49 931 2876247
fax: +49 931 2876248

web: www.netz-haut.de <http://www.netz-haut.de/>

registriergericht: amtsgericht würzburg, hra 5054