[Xen-users] Start virtual framebuffer in Xen 3.1

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Start virtual framebuffer in Xen 3.1
From: Teddy Song <gtg464i@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:58:45 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:14:49 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, all.

I was trying to start virtual frame buffer of a PV guest by specifying the following line in domain configuration file:

vfb = [ 'type=vnc,vncunused=1' ]

(Without this line, the console starts perfectly)

However, I got the following error message:

Error: Device 0 (vkbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working

I do a google search and I learned I need to install xen-vncfb and libvnc on my 64 bit machine (it is not installed by default). I installed them but I still get the same message.

Do I need to set-up xen-vncfb in some way to make it work? Is there an instruction somewhere on how I can do it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and comments.

Best,
Teddy