[Xen-users] ideal xen setup?

Various linux distros come with xen supported after a fashion
with xen patches developed for one kernel hacked into the
kernel they want to use (with varying degrees of success :-).

We've been using xen for a while at work to try and provide
development and testing platforms for a slew of different
linux distros to check out our software under lots of
different conditions.

The experience has been educational, but I can't say it has ever
provided a really satisfactory set of nice stable virtual
machines.

If you could go with any distro for a DomU and tweak it in any
way you like, what would be your idea setup for hosting
virtual machines?