[Xen-users] X11 in PV domU: limited success

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] X11 in PV domU: limited success
From: Chris Epicier <seuchato@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 21:18:39 +0100 (CET)
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:19:39 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there
My goal is to have a server in one boxe with (at the
moment) one single X11 client.

Part success with this setup:
Athlon 1300, MSI KT6 delta, 2 G Ram, Suse 10.3
(2.6.22.13-0.3-xenpae), updated 1 hour ago, throughout
the whole setup, LVM, dom0 has a pci graphics card, I
have delegated a matrox G450 AGP graphics card and a
USB controller to a dom U called xlic. I attached a
USb mouse and USB keyboard to it.
 - xm create xlic => OK
 - ssh -l root xlic
 - sax2 -r
the monitor attached to the G450 inits in the typical
grey and blue colours but nothing is readable. loocks
like a clock problem. I move the mouse, a pattern on
the screen moves accordingly, I hit some keys (tab), I
see some effect at the location I would expect on the
screen.
=> I'd consider this a starting point, given the
rather outdated hardware.
 - ^C and sax stops. above is reproducible, despite
some mm.c:690 messsages.

So, where do I need to go from here to get it to work?

greets chris

PS: I should mention, I have tested the hardware
desvribed using a second isntall: it works. I have a
couple of boxes at hand and am willing to try it on
many if not all of them, like
- AMD AM2 X86-64, Asus M2N32 WS Pro 4-8 GRam
- Intel P4 systems, various MB's, Ram up to 1G