Re: [Xen-users] XenCenter only for Windows???

To: Jiri <xen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XenCenter only for Windows???
From: Nate Carlson <natecars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 21:19:22 -0600 (CST)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 19:20:53 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 9 Dec 2007, Jiri wrote:
I am not sure if I see correctly? XenCenter is only for windows? On .Net platform?

First of all, wrong mailing list. This is for the open source version of xen.

Why all open source software ends in windows??? Its a shame.

I would like to know, why someone make such decisions. Xen is slowly becoming commercial windows program and all linux admins will end up with windows workstations to be able to manage Xen Enterprise product.

Ask XenSource - my understanding is that their largest market is people using it to virtualize Windows guests. Dev time goes where the money comes from.

Is there any way, how to manage it from Linux. This is Linux product. This really upsets me!

They do provide a Linux version of the 'xe' command line utility, which allows you to do pretty much everything XenCenter does. But this would be a good question to ask XenSource..