Re: [Xen-users] boot from cd

Sadique Puthen wrote:

>> 2)If I want to test some live distro, I need to boot from cd.
>
> This is not possible.

I believe you can do the same thing:
- map cd image or drive to domU
- copy kernel and initrd from CD to dom0, and modify domU's config to
use that.

This is the method use for installing OpenSolaris PV domU, as described
on http://wiki.tardis.ed.ac.uk/index.php/OpenSolaris_Xen_domU

This way the installer/live CD still reads data from the CD.
In order for this to work on live CD you'll need a xen-aware live CD
though, and AFAIK none available.

So in short, if you want to test a live CD, you'll need to create HVM
domain.

Regards,

Fajar