[Xen-users] Incorrect keyboard in Dom0

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Incorrect keyboard in Dom0
From: "James Wilde" <James.Wilde@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:22:55 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 06:24:40 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A preliminary search of the archives has not produced a solution to my
problem, so I hope I haven't missed anything that everybody but me knows.

I am running a xen-configured Centos5 installation.  This comprises:
kernel-xen-2.6.18-8.1.15.el5
xen-3.0.3-25.0.4.el5
xen-libs-3.0.3-25.0.4.el5

These are apparently the latest for Centos5.  I don't know if they are the
latest for Redhat generally.

The physical keyboard has the swedish layout.  In DomU the locale is
en_US.UTF-8 and the keyboard is sweden.  In Dom0 the locale is also
en_US.UTF-8 and the keyboard sweden.

In Dom0 only the alphanumeric keys produce the correct character, that is to
say a-z, A-Z and 0-9.  None of the other characters produces what it should.
Some keys produce no apparent character at all.  In the configuration above
there is no key which will produce a hyphen, '-', so that entering the
simplest command is almost impossible.  The shifted '6' key produces a '/'
so I can at least specify a path.

I have added the US English keyboard to Dom0 since that one has the hyphen,
'-', on one of the keys.

I have added " keymap='sv' to the /etc/xen/xen01 configuration file, but I
am using a 3.0.3 version of Xen so this will presumably have no effect.
Maybe I have to specify the entire keyboard format in some way?

I wonder if anyone else has had similar problems, not necessarily with just
the swedish keyboard, which I can use as a starting point for trying to fix
this problem.

Thanks in advance.

//James