RE: [Xen-users] DomU 2TB vbd limit?

To: Gémes Géza <geza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] DomU 2TB vbd limit?
From: "Joris Dobbelsteen" <Joris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 23:41:54 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:41:16 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unfortunally my knowledge of Xen is way too little to give you any information
whether there are actually any limitations and if they are different in newer
versions (but a good thing to add to the "everything" list that should be
tested beforehand).

A workarround that might work is partitioning the data into smaller parts of,
say, 1 TB. These can be concatenated using the MD driver by using the "linear"
personality (not RAIDx). But I agree this would be messy indeed. Probably you
considered that too already.

You will need others that have more knowledge to answer this for you...

Regards,

- Joris