Re: [Xen-users] moving from non-xen environment -> xen environment

To: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] moving from non-xen environment -> xen environment
From: Henning Sprang <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 02:34:49 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 17:35:31 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Miles Fidelman wrote:
> [...]
> So.... any experience/suggestions on how to do this as painlessly as
> possible?  Comments on the general idea are welcome as well.

- Debian sarge doesn't have a libc good for Xen - the "good old lib TLS
problem". Better go to Etch and use libc6-xen - for dom0 and domU.

- Google Ganeti is an interesting tool for managing mirrored systems
with drbd, and makes this easy to setup within minutes.
No heartbeat integration(yet?!), and failover is always with a little
bit of downtime, as they don't do live migration less than a minute in
my tests.

Henning