[Xen-users] Kernel-Panic : Xen, Drbd

To: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Kernel-Panic : Xen, Drbd
From: Benoit Guguin <liste@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 17:48:15 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 08:49:13 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm trying to do a HA cluster with xen, drbd and HeartBeat.

I use : Debian Etch, Xen 3.0, LVM2, DRBD0.7 and heartbeat v1

My architecture is :

 IP public                                      IP public
      |                                                     |
      |                                                     |
--------------                                       --------------
| node1 |  -- -- -- Crossover -- -- -- -- | node2 |
--------------                                        --------------

There is a DRBD on node1 and node2. On Drbd there is LVM.
On LVM there is Virtual Xen Machines ...

Well, When I disconnect the crossover cable ... Less tha one minutes (but not
immediatly), there is a kernel panic. It's about interruption ...
This apend "only" when there is some DomU on Xen.

So I've tried different configuration :
- only drbd/lvm with a vanilla Debian kernel :  it's ok, didn't crash

- only drbd/lvm with a xen Debian kernel : it's ok, didn't crash

- only xend hypervisor, drbd/lvm with xen Debian Kernel : it's ok, didn't
crash

- xend hypervisor, 2 domU, drbd/lvm : crash ;'(

- xend hypervisior, 2 dom, drbd/lvm but with noapic nolapic acpi=off on dom0
grub : crash :'(

any idea ? any questions ?

thanks in advance

(I will come back with a Debian Testing + xen3.1 ...)

--
Guguin Benoit
Société Alixen 20 rue Jean Rostand 91 400 Orsay Cedex France