Re: [Xen-users] different vlans in a domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] different vlans in a domU
From: kanour-xen <xen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:34:21 +1100
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 20:35:11 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dominique Rousseau wrote:
Le Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 06:29:46PM +0100, Sebastian Reitenbach
[sebastia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] a écrit:
[...]
I added a bridge1 in the dom0, created a vlan interface on the dom0, added that to the bridge1. Then I added a second interface to the domU, assigned it to the bridge1. Now I have a bridge0, where I can communicate with untagged vlan packets, and a bridge1 that allows me to communicated with the domU with tagged vlan packets. For all the vlan's I want to use, I have to create a bridge interface on the dom0.
This is working.

That's only way I managed to get VLANs to work with vifs.

A few months ago, there was a thread on the subject, there is some MTU
limit in the vif code that don't allow tagged frames (that are larger
thant 1500 bytes) to go through.

Hi.

I have it also on bridges. I have 3 nics. I have bridge on each:
$XENDIR/network-bridge "$@" netdev=eth0 bridge=xenbr0 vifnum=0
$XENDIR/network-bridge "$@" netdev=eth1 bridge=xenbr1 vifnum=1
$XENDIR/network-bridge "$@" netdev=eth2 bridge=xenbr2 vifnum=2

Then I have in DomU (debian stable) configuration for vlans and everything works fine.

#auto eth0 vlan2 vlan3 vlan4
# VLAN 1 - native management VLAN
iface eth0 inet static
  address 192.168.31.254