Re: [Xen-users] Clustering

You can by why would you?  for a HPC application you normally want as much cpu horse power as you can get,  putting more vm's on a single cpu doesn't give you that.

Now i will admit we DO use xen in our HPC environment.  We use it for testing scheduling policy without needing a large number of real boxes.  We do not currently use xen for production clusters.  (we are beowulf style clusters)  but at SC last year people were using xen for a type of checkpoint,  so they could stop execution of jobs, save the vm to disk  (xm save)  run a time critical job and restore the saved image.

I just wouldn't do it my self.

Brock Palen
Center for Advanced Computing
(734)936-1985