** OFF TOPIC *** Re: [Xen-users] Ubuntu DomU: Cannot apt-get many packag

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ** OFF TOPIC *** Re: [Xen-users] Ubuntu DomU: Cannot apt-get many packages
From: Alan Murrell <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 20:07:07 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 20:07:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Luke,

On Thursday 25 October 2007 11:30:34 Luke wrote:
> This is fairly off topic for this list now, but the file you care about
> is /etc/apt/sources.list, not particularly the things in the
> sources.list.d directory as much (in my experience)

Agreed about the off-topicness, but thank your for replying regardless :-)

Yes, i copied over the '/etc/apt/sources.list' file as well, and when I
ran 'apt-get update', I saw it grab all the headers from the different
sources, but running something like "apt-cache search htop" or "apt-cache
search openvpn" yields no results :-(

> This is almost always a problem for me when I install with debootstrap,
> as the /etc/apt/sources.list that you get isn't nearly as complete/long
> as you get with a normal install.

No, it only has one entry: for the main repository.

-Alan Murrell