Re: [Xen-users] 回复: RE: How to configure win 2003 standard to show multi

AFAIK you cannot switch from a non ACPI installation to an ACPI
configuration. All you can do is switch from a single processor machine to a
MPS one. But since the other processors are called into life by ACPI you're
stuck.

You can try for yourself:
* go into the device manager
* select your uniprocessor there
* change the driver
* select the driver for yourself
=> if you're offered only non ACPI machine types (uniprocessor/MPS) it's
time for a reinstallation

I tried recently to disable the ACPI stuff (tried to find out if it's
responsible for the bad performance) and I was offered four machines there
when coming from ACPI: single processor with and without ACPI, MPS with and
without ACPI.
After I've done the switch there was no way back.

regards
uwe

btw. I personally don't see an advantage of using the cpus parameter.