Re: [Xen-users] Domain has shutdown: reason=poweroff

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Domain has shutdown: reason=poweroff
From: Ashley Gould <agould@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 11:43:09 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 11:43:57 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for your reply.  I tried your suggestion, but I think my syntax
error is only part of the problem.  But it points out my confussion
about use of 'phy' disks when building hmv.  I dont understand the
boot process of hvmloader.  Under pv I would create a logical volume
for each partition and copy my OS into them with no regard to grub
and boot loading.

Do I need to install grub on the logical volume data0/tenar-vhost-root?
Do I need to make a partition table also?
How is this done for real disk volumes as opposed to disk image files?

--

-ashley

Did you try poking at it with a stick?