[Xen-users] Xen disk IO performance

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen disk IO performance
From: "Dave Brown" <daveb21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:36:24 +0930
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 19:07:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

Has anyone out there got any impressions or have done any testing of disk IO performance in a Xen VM. I've done some testing in-house here and compared it to native, VMware Server and VMware ESX and come up with some results which are quite surprising. Any info anyone has on this would be great.

I'm quite happy to share the results but I'd rather not say just yet for fear of introducing bias into everyone's existing thoughts / results.

Cheers

Dave Brown
IT Consultant
RHCE, MCSA

Loftus IT
175 Fullarton Rd

Dulwich SA 5065

Ph:   (08) 8304 8888
Fax:  (08) 8364 2910
Mob: 0414 494 802

NOTE: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may contain information intended only for the addressee(s). If you have received this communication in error, you must not copy or distribute any part of it or otherwise disclose its contents to anyone - please notify Loftus IT immediately. Loftus IT does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the information provided herein. No representation is made that email and any files transmitted with it are virus-free - virus scanning is the responsibility of the recipient and is recommended.