RE: [Xen-users] Debian Etch Xen Cluster (DRBD, GNBD, OCFS2, iSCSI, Heart

To: "Dominik Klein" <dk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Debian Etch Xen Cluster (DRBD, GNBD, OCFS2, iSCSI, Heartbeat?)
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:48:51 +1000
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 05:49:25 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Node1 should run A and D while node2 should run B and C. If Node1
fails
> > A and D should switch to node2 and switch back after node1 is back
> > again. I red a lot about very complex setups with OCFS2, iSCSI or
GNBD
> > but i think all i need ist DRBD and Heartbeat, isn't it?
>
> Correct.

Just remember, if something goes wrong in such a way that the domain is
active on both nodes at the same time with read/write access to the
filesystem, you *will* *destroy* the filesystem and will need to restore
from backup. No amount of fscking will help you.

(I speak from bitter experience :)

James