Re: [Xen-users] Purchasing only the Windows PV drivers for Xen

Greetz!

Emre Erenoglu wrote:
I really don't understand how Xensource can't give the PV drivers for everybody without any charge or whatsoever. Don't they want their product to concuer the virtualization world? How will they do it without taking Windows into the picture?
You are taking it wrong. They are taking Windows into the picture, that's why the have the PV drivers that u get if you buy the XenSource products!

I'll hop on the bandwagon, since i'd love to get my hands on the PV drivers as well!

Regards,
David Gerbec
Agenda Open Systems
[www.agenda.si]

Look at VMWare, they perfectly deliver the Vmware Server, and yes, you get the drivers with it. What keeps Xensource from providing these to us? BTW, I tried setting up XenExpress, no luck until now, can't get some sata drivers to work. So i tried using the PV drivers in that ISO on my own open-source xen 3.1 setup, no luck, the scsi driver gives up with error 10, whatever it is. (guess it checked the underlying xen and sees that it's open source, gives up). Br, Emre

On 9/7/07, *Stephan Seitz* <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:
     > James Harper schrieb:

     >> Is it possible to purchase them separately? Is there anyone at
    XenSource
     >> that we could petition to consider doing this?

     > If someone offered Windows PV drivers for a reasonable amount of
    money
     > per virtualized Windows machine, we'd be glad to throw VMware
    away, and
     > use Xen for everything we virtualize.

    I've requested this, every time a XenSource sales representative
    called in.
    The only answer i've got so long is, that
           a) we're not the first requesting a Windows PV driver
           b) he's unable to provide one
           c) the request is reported to the team leader...

    Well, this was in the days before citrix, maybe there'll be a PV driver
    become available in the future, but I don't think so.

    --
    Stephan Seitz
    Senior System Administrator

    *netz-haut* e.K.
    multimediale kommunikation

    zweierweg 22
    97074 würzburg

    fon: +49 931 2876247
    fax: +49 931 2876248

    web: www.netz-haut.de <http://www.netz-haut.de>
    <http://www.netz-haut.de/>

    registriergericht: amtsgericht würzburg, hra 5054

Emre Erenoglu
erenoglu@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:erenoglu@xxxxxxxxx>