Re: [Xen-users] Xen secure display

To: "Johnson, Tony M" <Tony.Johnson@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen secure display
From: Chris Dukes <pakrat+xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:49:57 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:50:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 03:20:10PM -0400, Johnson, Tony M wrote:
> What solutions are available to provide a completely secure display
> system so that users can be sure that what they see on screen is what
> they are supposed to see, and that no-one can eavesdrop on what's being
> displayed?

If you truly want a mostly secure display, you place the machine
and display on an an isolated power supply with the user inside of
an accoustically insulated room inside of a guarded faraday cage
with absolutely no network connectivity.

A completely secure configuration would be even less conducive to getting
work done...

Perhaps you can elaborate as to what sort of eavesdropping you are seeking
to avoid and for what purposes.  You might also want to tell us the
kind of luser that will be using the environments well as who has
control of all hardware (including networking equipment) between
the user's fingers and the NIC on the Xen server(s).

Completely secure is likely impossible, but reasonably secure
given the intended use may be possible.

--
Chris Dukes
< elfick> willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up