Re: [Xen-users] HVM or not HVM?

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 04:02:33PM +0100, Mark Williamson wrote:
> > In a VPS environment (a dom0 which hosts some domU used as VPS by some
> > customers, and you don't know what customers do with the domUs), do
> > you think it is better to use HVM domU or non-HVM domUs?
>
> HVM will give you greater flexibility in terms of what guest OSes you can
> offer to customers (e.g. non-Linux, maybe older Linux, etc).
>
> PV should achieve better per-guest performance, and therefore let you run
> more

This is a suprise to me.  I would have thought that one would get
better performance from a HVM guest.  Why would PV 'achieve better
per-guest performance'?

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "But the end of all things is at hand; be ye therefore
      sober, and watch unto prayer. And above all things
      have fervent love among yourselves; for love shall
      cover the multitude of sins."      I Peter 4:7,8