Re: [Xen-users] adding logical volumes to be used by domU

To: "Vasko Cacanoski" <Vasko.Cacanoski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] adding logical volumes to be used by domU
From: "Emre Erenoglu" <erenoglu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:32:24 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 05:33:05 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
First of all, I didn't understand why it's not possible to pass three disks, I'll check this on my home setup tonight.

For LVM, in Dom0, you can extend the LVM volume first, then extend the ext3 filesystem inside, you don't need to do anything in DomU.

Br,

Emre

On 8/23/07, Vasko Cacanoski <Vasko.Cacanoski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi again,

> One question, why do you want to have a partitions inside your volume? Just create other volumes and export them also to the DomU as other partitions.

I will explain again my initial problem. I am testing a scenario somehow to extend the disk space for domU if it runs out of disk space. As I wrote, my fist plan was to add third LV, which should have been mounted as xvdc, but the domU didn't start then.

As (not so good) alternative, I tried to extend the LV with domU OS on it, and then within domU to resize the partition or to create a new one from the extra space. But there I noticed that fdisk doesn't recognize the initial partition.

There must be some way how to pass three disks to domU!

Cheers,

Vasko

--
Emre Erenoglu