Re: [Xen-users] Fedora, SuSE, Gentoo, Slackware as domU

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 07:18:22PM +0200, shacky wrote:

> Haven't you any idea? In particular I extremely need to install Fedora
> Core 7 and Centos 5...
Those bring in paravirtualized drivers.

A generic way that should work for most of the distros you need
paravirtualized should be:

- install it in an HVM domU by booting a cd/dvd-iso
- convert the domU into a paravirtualized one. For this maybe the
distro already brings in such a kernel (fedora7 and centos5 for sure),
or maybe its enough for you to boot the domU up with the kernel from
the dom0.

Christian