AW: [Xen-users] domU disk image over NFS

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: AW: [Xen-users] domU disk image over NFS
From: "Uli Staerk" <Uli.Staerk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 18:02:14 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:02:56 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We have a virtual machine that mounts a nbd device from a server:
Server: /bin/nbd-server 9820 /dev/sda
Client (DomU): /sbin/nbd-client XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX 9820 /dev/nbd0

The client will map a remote device as a local device: /dev/nbdX. It feels and
acts like a local drive (eg. you can partition it). So you could use it as an
physical image. There must be no further support by xen.

Hope it helps.