[Xen-users] XEN: configuration challenge

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] XEN: configuration challenge
From: Tomas Rebok <xrebok@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 11:24:36 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 02:22:29 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

please, can anyone help me with XEN setting to fit the requirements
described below? The think is that I'm not sure whether I should use XEN
in router or bridged mode, so I'll describe my situation and will
appreciate any advices...

The situation is: I want to have several physical machines, each running
several virtual machines. Let's see on the example:
Phys. machine A VMs: A.dom0, A.VM1, A.VM2, ... A.VMx
Phys. machine B VMs: B.dom0, B.VM1, B.VM2, ... B.VMy

Requirements:
1. All data sent from A.VMi and destined anywhere I want to see in A.dom0
and using iptables and DNAT change their destination. Similarly to data
sent from B.VMj---their destination should be changed by B.dom0.

2. Virtual machines B.VMj should be accesible from A.dom0 directly so that
all data sent from A.dom0 should (if possible) be directly sent to B.VMj
(without any iptables rules or smthg similar in B.dom0). Similarly, all
data sent from B.dom0 should be directly sent to A.VMi...

Please, can anyone help me and give me an advice how to set up XEN to fit
described situation? Whether the bridged mode with iptables enabled or the
routed mode is better?

Thank you all very much!

Tom.

      ---  "Nikdy neni tak spatne, aby nemohlo byt jeste hur!"  ---