RE: [Xen-users] boot a existing windows in hvm domain

To: "'Z24'" <z24@xxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] boot a existing windows in hvm domain
From: "Artur Linhart - Linux communication" <AL.LINUX@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 08:49:56 +0200
Cc: 'Brady Chen' <chenchp@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 23:47:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

        Why is it necessary to have a read-write access from windows onto
disk with linux?
        If this should be only from the reason the windows OS is installed
on "disk D:", You can just emulate the "disk C:" by some dummy file...
        At least You could use the linux disk onto DomU as read-only... If
some file transfers are needed, this can be done via some network services
like samba or ftp between Dom0 and DomU...

        With regards, Archie