[Xen-users] HVM crashes with SIGSEGV

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] HVM crashes with SIGSEGV
From: "Philippe Vanhaesendonck" <xen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:27:18 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 07:25:13 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

I am running a Xen 3.1.0 (from TarBall - PAE mode) with a Debian Etch Dom0.

I have some troubles with my HVM DomU's: after 'a while', qemu-dm crashes
with a Segmentation fault.

It can happen after a couple of hours or after a couple of days, but when
one HVM crashes, they will all crash in the same timeframe.

The strange thing is that I am unable to get a stack trace: when I look at
the core file, gdb always gives me:
    #0  0x00000000 in ?? ()

I also attached gdb to a running qemu-dm, and I am getting the same:
    (gdb) c
    Continuing.

    [Switching to Thread -1240671312 (LWP 3901)]
    0x00000000 in ?? ()

The HVMs are running Suse and Windows
The Paravirt VMs are not affected

Any hint on how to progress this issue?