Re: [Xen-users] DNS / SSH / NFS problems with domU

On Tue Jul 24, 2007 at 14:34:24 -0400, haas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  Now, I will say I am running, in addition to the dom0, 8-9 domUs
> on one system. I don't know if there's some internal limit I've
> unknowingly passed.

  There are some limits, but not at those level of use you're seeing.

>  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

  I'd try running tcp dump to see if things look 'normal'.

  But my immediate suggestion is to see what happens if you
 disable TCP checksums.  I'm not 100% sure when this was fixed,
 or if it ever was, but I've seen that solve similar problems
 (especially DNS/UDP related).

  If you're using xen-create-image you should find the relevant
 line commented out in /etc/network/interfaces.  Uncomment it
 and restart the domain.

  For reference:

   # post-up  ethtool -K eth0 tx off

  (Don't forget 'apt-get install ethtool').

Steve
--
http://www.steve.org.uk/