Re: [Xen-users] Using thin clients with xen images on server?

To: Mark Clarke <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Using thin clients with xen images on server?
From: Steve Kemp <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:15:18 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:13:08 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed Jul 18, 2007 at 23:10:32 +0200, Mark Clarke wrote:

> Option A
> =========
> Thin clients which network boots and the server gives it a virtual
> workstation.

  Not sure about this.

> 1) Buy a bunch of entry level pcs,
> 2) On boot up get DOM0 to run and then to go and fetch an image off the
> server
> and then download it to the local machine and start it up.

  This would be possible.  All you need to do is configure each 'node'
 machine to boot up with DHCP, etc, and then pull the root filesystem
 over NFS for the domU.

  You might be able to get dom0 over NFS - but if you could do that
 you might as well just use Linux Terminal Server proper ..

Steve