Re: [Xen-users] Changing CD's on DomU

To: John Morris <frankenbean@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Changing CD's on DomU
From: Scott Serr <serrs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:10:06 -0600
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:08:15 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The documentation says to use "xm block-detach" and "xm block-attach"

 EXAMPLES
    Mount an ISO as a Disk
xm block-attach guestdomain file://path/to/dsl-2.0RC2.iso /dev/hdc ro

I'm sure you can do the same with a phy:/ for physical disks...

John Morris wrote:
Hi. I have a windows xp DomU running and it only remembers the last CD that was used in the physical drive. So if I want to install something with multiple CD's, I'm kind of out of luck, as it doesn't refresh when I put in a new CD. Is there a workaround for this?