[Xen-users] Xen 3.1.0 - vkbd Device not starting

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 3.1.0 - vkbd Device not starting
From: "Szymanski, Lukasz K" <Lukasz.Szymanski@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 15:36:49 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:34:54 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When using virtual frame buffer directive in the domU config file:

vfb= [ 'type=xxx,....]

vbd gets started but vbkd device cannot start, so is this the race
condition that was discussed a while ago (patched in april I think) ?

Error: Device 0 (vkbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working

This problem was in 3.1-testing and 3.-unstable and now appears to be
in 3.1 (downloaded today).

Any ideas much appreciated.
Jon

Jon -

I ran into something similar not too long ago.  Do you have xen-vncfb installed?  Check /usr/lib64/xen/bin (or something like it).  Check out the thread from the Xen CIM list for more info.

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-cim/2007-07/msg00005.html

BTW, changing the Config.mk file did not help me thus far, but by at least doing the manual make of vncfb I have a work-around.

HTH,

Luke Szymanski
Xen Development
Unisys Corp.