Re: [Xen-users] Xen, Heartbeat2 and live migration

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen, Heartbeat2 and live migration
From: Yann Cezard <yann.cezard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 17:44:08 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 08:45:28 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yann Cezard a écrit :
Hi,

This question perhaps should be better posted on linux-ha but...
it seems that Suse 10 SP1 allows to migrate Xen VMs between Heartbeat
nodes using live migration, where other distros just stop them on a node
and start them on another node.

Does anybody succeeded in doing the same thing with another GNU/Linux
distribution ?

I'm really interested in finding such a feature.

Thanks for any clue.

Ok, I will answer to myself, in case someone else could be interested in such a feature :
Using the Heartbeat-2 2.1 devel version, live migration is possible.

To enable live migration :
crm_resource -r your_domU_resource --meta -p allow_migrate -v true

And then to migrate :
crm_resource -M -r your_domU_resource -H your_destination_node

Hope this will help someone else.

--
Yann Cezard