[Xen-users] Re: Is Anybody Running Xen in Production Environment

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Is Anybody Running Xen in Production Environment
From: Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 10:59:53 +1000
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:58:09 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[Please don't Cc me on posts to mailing lists -- I read the list]

On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 01:18:58AM +0100, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> Matthew Palmer wrote:
> >On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 08:14:44AM -0700, Matias wrote:
> >>If so what is maintenance like?  Are you constantl
> >>having to keep a careful watch?  Does it crash
> >>often?  Run out of memory? OR is has it been
> >>a very blissful experience and your always confident
> >>that it's up and running.
> >
> >I've been quite impressed -- it's never really been a hassle.  Nagios keeps
> >an eye on things, and we're running heartbeat on redundant machines to make
> >sure that even if something goes pop we're still covered.  Even with all
> >that, I can't think of a production failure (even non-customer-impacting)
> >that has definitely been Xen's fault.
>
> What are you using to configure your Nagios?

A text editor.  If you use hostgroups extensively as we do, it's really
simple.  We've got maybe 50 object definitions for our 600 or so service
checks.

- Matt

--
How about "suspender snapping three martini lunching mahogany tabled
conference room equipped with overhead projector dwelling golden parachute