Re: [Xen-users] out of memory with xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] out of memory with xen
From: Maarten Vanraes <maarten@xxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:48:16 +0200
Cc: Arie Goldfeld <arik.goldfeld@xxxxxxxxx>, "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:46:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As you can see, this is strictly cache...
but you could be right, of course, but this is MORE than HALF of the
memory!!!.

Is there a way to get the kernel to try and flush the cache as much as
possible (if possible non-destructive?)

# xm list
Name                                      ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                   0     4851     4 r-----  89515.8
xxxxxxxx                                   7      140     1 -b----  16382.0
xxxxxxxx                                 26      140     1 -b----    462.1
xxxxxxxx                                   3      268     1 -b----  23890.8
xxxxxxxx                                  4     1038     1 r----- 878503.7
xxxxxxxx                                 22      268     1 -b----   5406.6
xxxxxxxx                                 20      525     1 -b----   5537.4
xxxxxxxx                                   5      140     1 -b----  23039.8
xxxxxxxx                                 14      268     1 -b----  10236.9
xxxxxxxx                                   6      268     1 -b----  18234.1
# free
Mem:       4967424    4947340      20084          0     153064    4262848
-/+ buffers/cache:     531428    4435996
Swap:      2104464        136    2104328

Sincerely,

Maarten

--
Maarten Vanraes