[Xen-users] Fw: F7 System crash with high network load

To: xen-users <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Fw: F7 System crash with high network load
From: Sven Oehme <oehmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 17:34:35 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:32:38 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i didn't got a response at gedora-xen, so reposting it here ...
looks like 3.1 still has stability issues with Networking and Dom0 ..

----- Forwarded by Sven Oehme/Germany/IBM on 06/26/07 05:33 PM -----
Sven Oehme/Germany/IBM

06/17/07 04:12 PM

fedora-xen@xxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
F7 System crash with high network load

Hi,

i experienced it now a couple of time that my Dom0 will get unstable if i copy a lot of files over a gigabit link using rsync into the dom0.
That happens even, when there is no workload on the system beside this process at all.

How to reproduce :

rsync -avuzP --delete --progress /home/user1 xenhost:/home/user1

the rsync will start and after a few minutes the remote host (xen) is no longer responding on the network.
when i look at the console of the xen host, it prints millions of :

[<c1005540>] syscall_call+0x7/0xb

only a hard reset helps now ..

environment :

xen-libs-3.1.0-2.fc7
xen-3.1.0-2.fc7
kernel-xen-2.6.20-2925.11.fc7
kernel-xen-devel-2.6.20-2925.11.fc7

so i assume it is a f7 kernel-xen bug .. is this known, as i haven't found anything in bugzilla ..
should i open a ticket against f7 ?

thanks . Sven