[Xen-users] Re: dom0 crashes

cremes.devlist@xxxxxxx <cremes.devlist@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> The dom0 suddenly stops responding. The time interval is not
>> regular. I am not able to access it even via network. It just
>> freezes and do not respond. No message appears on console.
>> Any suggestion will be of great help.
>>

> It would be hugely useful if you gave a bit more information.
>
> 1. What version of Xen?
> 2. What kernel version are you running and what distribution?
> 3. What domUs are you running and what kernel versions?
>
> 4. What did you change or update before the dom0 started crashing?

I have the same problem, Xen 3.1.0 with a custom kernelconfig on Athlon
64 x86_64 mode. Freezes are irregular (anywhere between 30 minutes and
two days so far), machine does not respond to anything after that.
Unfortunately it is 200km away and while I do have console view
(Peppercon LARA) it does not allow me to send Ctrl-a to Xen Hypervisor
or SysRq to the kernel. Distributions are Debian etch both in dom0 and
domU.

The machine is running rock-solid with the etch-shipped non-xen Debian
kernel, memtest is fine. So far it only has one single domU that servers
a few DNS requests per minute with a perl script, so almost no load. I
think it lives substantially longer when no domU is running at all, but
I'm not exactly sure and I don't know how long I will have that
Peppercon thing, so I'd rather not sit a week waiting for a crash
without domU. Unfortunately this is a new box, so there isn't really
a period "before crashing".

I will downgrade to Xen 3.0.4 tomorrow which I have running in a similar
environment (almost the same hardware (except NIC and SATA driver), the
same setup) for ages now.

Anything I can to do help debugging?

Regards,
Bernhard