[Xen-users] xen 3.1 - domU hangs just after "xm create"

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xen 3.1 - domU hangs just after "xm create"
From: Сергей Лукашевич <lukash33@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 18:26:00 +0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 07:24:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What are methods to debug domU when it hangs? Using xen 3.1 compiled from
sources I could not manage to launch no domU. Fot instance, I run something
like this:

=====8<=====================

disk = [ 'file:/oradata-act/sles.disk,hda1,w', ',hdc:cdrom,r' ]

kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-xen"

ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-2.6.18-xen"

cpus = "1"

vcpus = 2

memory = 256

name = "sles"

root="/dev/hda1 ro"

Of course, sles.disk is a reiserfs image containing unTARred SLES9.3 64bit OS.

The domain console outputs nothing but several spaces at the very start and the
domU hangs in a few (15-25) seconds.

What are log files to analyze? What are 'debug' options?

I managed to run dom0  which is behaving not so bad.

Only several 'segfault's in dmesg confuse me.

I use SUN X4600 server which is of 64bits, 32gigs and 16 virtual CPUs.