RE: [Xen-users] DomU with no state flags in "xm list"

To: "Miguel Araujo" <maraujo@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] DomU with no state flags in "xm list"
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:22:21 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 02:20:42 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't know why it's not progressing, but it's perfectly possible to have a
state of "nothing" - it happens when the system is neither running (e.g.
there's no available CPU for it) and not blocked, paused, shutdown, crashed or
dying. It's just not scheduled, and it's waiting for a CPU to become available.

Running means that the system is currently active and running on some CPU.
Blocked means that it's WAITING for an event of some sort.
Paused means that someone has done "xm pause" (or equivalent) on the domain.
Shutdown, crashed or dying are other states set when specific things happen to
the domain.

A state of "nothing" means that it's in none of the above states - which
usually means that it's "runnable, but not running", so it's in the "run-queue"
but not at the front of the queue.

--
Mats