RE: [Xen-users] Xen and Windows in Fedora 7

To: ymed@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen and Windows in Fedora 7
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:34:33 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 04:32:51 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Using the form "phy:/dev/cdrom,hdc:cdrom,r" or
> >"file:some-filename-with-path,hdc:cdrom,r" should get the
> CDROM visible
> >in Windows. I just tried it with my WinXP install, and I can read the
> >MSDN Vista install DVD with that setup.
> >
> >Note: I'm NOT using Virt-Manager - not because there's
> something wrong
> >with it, but rather because I'm just using the tools that
> are available
> >from XenSource.
> >
> >--
> >Mats
> >
> Yes, I have used this line when I tried Opensuse xen 3.0.3.
> But there was a
> file in /etc/xev/vm/ dir. I could not find the such file in
> /etc/xen in
> fedora 7. Where is this configuration file is located?

First of all, I think this may be a virt-manager problem, rather than a
Xen problem.

Second, there are now two ways (at least) to store the Xen
configuration, and it depends on what tools you use how it's stored. I
still use the "xm create config" way to start my VM's, so I don't really
know where it's stored when using other methods. [And I usually store my
config files next to the VM disk image or in a "home" directory on my
machine - but that's a choice each individual has to make].

--
Mats