[Xen-users] Still stuck with Xen 3.1 on Fedora 7

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Still stuck with Xen 3.1 on Fedora 7
From: Claris Castillo <ccastil@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:13:41 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 06:11:52 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, this is my last attempt before trying RHEL 5
I am still having problems with Xen 3.1 in Fedora 7. I keep getting the
same error
again and again whenever I try to create a domU.
Any advice would be highly appreciated.

[root@shrek3-009002084099 images]# virt-install
What is the name of your virtual machine? ccvm3
 How much RAM should be allocated (in megabytes)? 256
 What would you like to use as the disk (path)? /vm/images/vm3.img
 Would you like to enable graphics support? (yes or no) no
 What is the install location?
http://ftp.linux.x/pub/fedora/linux/releases/7/Fedora/i386/os/

Starting install...
libvir: Xen Daemon error : GET operation failed:
libvir: error : configuration file syntax error: expecting a name
libvir: error : configuration file syntax error: expecting a name
libvir: error : configuration file syntax error: expecting a name
Retrieving Fedora...                                            286 kB
00:00
Retrieving vmlinuz...     100% |=========================| 2.1 MB    00:02
Retrieving initrd.img...  100% |=========================| 5.4 MB    00:05
libvir: Xen Daemon error : GET operation failed:
libvir: Xen Daemon error : POST operation failed: (xend.err 'Device 0 (vif)
could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/virt-install", line 629, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/sbin/virt-install", line 578, in main
    dom = guest.start_install(conscb,progresscb)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 649, in
start_install
    return self._do_install(consolecb, meter)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 666, in
_do_install
    self.domain = self.conn.createLinux(install_xml, 0).
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 480, in
createLinux
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateLinux() failed',
conn=self)
libvirt.libvirtError: virDomainCreateLinux() failed POST operation failed: