Re: [Xen-users] Q: best practice isdn pci card

To: Christo Buschek <crito@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Q: best practice isdn pci card
From: Stephan Seitz <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:28:07 +0200
Cc: XEN User - listmembers <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 00:26:22 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Christo Buschek schrieb:
> Hello Stephan.
>
> I use a digium b410p isdn card inside a domU as a dedicated device. I
> use pciback.hide statement in grub and export the card to the domU where
> I need the isdn card. That works good so far and makes it easier to
> manage the specific domU. If you need the isdn card in more then one
> domain you could also manage it within a domU and use an internal
> network to connect to the daemon (dummy nic in dom and bridge it to
> other domU as an internal network ala 10.1.1.0/24). I try not to run any
> daemon inside dom0).

Hello Christo,

thank you for your response. As I also don't want to run application daemons
inside dom0, I'll try a similiar setup with the isdn pci card routed to one
domU.
If there'll be any problems (I suspect dropped interrupts on high load), I'll
be back on the list ;)

Have a nice Day!

Stephan

--
Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

*netz-haut* e.K.
multimediale kommunikation

zweierweg 22
97074 würzburg

fon: +49 931 2876247
fax: +49 931 2876248

web: www.netz-haut.de <http://www.netz-haut.de/>

registriergericht: amtsgericht würzburg, hra 5054