[Xen-users] no eth0 in domain0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] no eth0 in domain0
From: mshields@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 22:57:07 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 19:55:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I'm a relative xen and Linux newbie and I can't seem to get Xen to work
with network support.

I have a Intel DQ965gf MOBO system that boots fine in Debian Linux 2.6.18-4.

I built Xen 3.0.3 from the source IAW the User's guide and made sure the
Intel Gigabit NIC driver was built as a module but the module is not
loaded when the xen kernel boots. Everything else seems to work fine, but
without network support, I can't install guest domains.

There is no mention of e1000 or eth0 in the dmseg output.
The controller shows up in lspci's output.
ifconfig only lists lo and xnbr0.
lsmod shows e1000 is loaded.

I also tried building with the NIC driver built in.

I am at a loss as to what to look at or try next.

Thanks,
Mike