Re: [Xen-users] XenU installs

To: "Mark Williamson" <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XenU installs
From: "Andre Grove" <andre.grove@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 17:52:00 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 09:50:13 -0700
Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=UI5lp40ACbP3kClR0JQLS7Zf0Q5y1zHbFgAW1khkzqxvZ/+Xdw9cUrwV4eGpo33H33ZTvbSBQL0hKu457M8czm6XhQZJkRQ8p66EfNvKJSgfZUGRQjXP9yhHvPweXCc5QDFY5DrixygPLWGvO+7WZXwXVniJ1v6yHj395iugMko=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Mark,

i tend to use Ubuntu for my dom0, but i want to try and virtualise as
many non-windows OSs as possible. ;)
i tried the following config:

kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-FC6-install"
extra = "selinux=0 reiserfs"
memory = 128
name = "andre_test_01"
cpus = "1"
vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr0' ]
disk = [ 'file:/xendisks/andre_test.img,sda1,w',
'file:/xendisks/andre_test_swap.img,sda2,w' ]
root = "/dev/sda ro"
ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-FC6-install"
builder = 'linux'

but the FC installer couldn't find the "SCSI" disks.
i then changed the config to:

disk = [ 'file:/xendisks/andre_test.img,hda1,w',
'file:/xendisks/andre_test_swap.img,hda2,w' ]
root="/dev/hda1"

but the installer saw the images as different disks and not
partitions, so then i changed to:

disk = [ 'file:/xendisks/andre_test.img,hda,w',
'file:/xendisks/andre_test_swap.img,hdb,w' ]
root="/dev/hda"

the installer then made it through to installing the RPMs .... and then it died.
am i doing this correctly?