Re: [Xen-users] 'Wandering' eth interface - Xen 3.0.4 + linux 2.6.16.29

To: TMC <tmciolek@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] 'Wandering' eth interface - Xen 3.0.4 + linux 2.6.16.29
From: Tom Allen <tallen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:20:53 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 08:20:39 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

udev is likely trying to make your network cards keep the same
addresses.  You can put something like this in
/etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules:

# Xen virtual device (vif)
# We want to ignore this event, and let Xen set things up the
# way we specified in the config file.
SUBSYSTEM=="net", DRIVERS=="?*",
ATTRS{address}=="00:16:3e:*",OPTIONS="ignore_device"

Another alternative is to specify the mac address when you create the domU.

Tom